Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ms Rebecca Shank Shares Her Testimony About "The Village"

Ms Rebecca Shank and I met a few years ago at our church, New Life Providence in Va.Beach, Va. Little did I know the challenges she was facing with epilepsy. Please read the "testimony" written by her:

To All the Above Addresses:

I have known Lowell Evans, Uncle Lowell, for about three years now. He spoke many times at church about a young boy with epilepsy, and I never had the courage to speak with him. One service on a Saturday night I finally approached and told him of my seizures and how I got them due to hitting my head my freshman year of college. For months he wanted to share this with our men's ministry at New Life Providence Church, but I would not let him at all. I finally let him share the information and a car was donated to me to drive around because for awhile I had to walk to and from school, work, and other places. He also wrote a book titled "The Village" which relates to me so much, that I keep it with me wherever I go just for encouragement. He is an awesome servant of the Lord, and if it was not for the phrase "I may have epilepsy, but it does not have me", I would not be able to worship the Lord through dance. Thanks for your time and I wish you all a Blessed Resurrection week.

God Bless,
Rebecca  L. Shank

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord"
Jeremiah  17:7
--

No comments:

Post a Comment