Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chicago Lady Sees Lowell G.Evans as an "Inspiration"!

Mrs. Staci Fulton admires Lowell G. Evans for writing "The Village" for Epilepsy Awareness!

Hello Mr. Evans,

My name is Staci Fulton and I am a 26 year old, married college student. I myself have epilepsy and it has had a profound impact on my life since birth. I was born with it, my paternal grandmother and father have it, have 3 different types of seizures ranging from Petit Mal to Grand Mal. I am still recovering from brain surgery that I had just a little over a year ago in order to try and control my seizures as I was having 5-10 a day. I am connected with Team Epilepsy on Facebook and that is how I heard about your book. I am thrilled to read it and find out how your journey has been with epilepsy, because I agree its not just neurological it is VERY emotional to! My family and I have been through lots with my epilepsy, including being told that my husband and I may not be able to have our own children! I find that even some of my college professors who have PH Ds can be very insensitive to the fact that epilepsy is a real condition that can have major impact, they ask some crazy things and people say some very hurtful things. I once had a teacher in high school throw an eraser at me because she thought I was being smart with her when I didn't respond and I had a smile on the left side of my face, because my seizures come from my right temporal lobe and so my left side of my face does crazy things. My heart sank and my mother was furious!! I admire you for being so strong and trying to spread awareness. I want to help spread awareness out here in Illinois, I am doing an internship with the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago this summer to help out. I have a saying to Epilepsy is a part of my identity, but it DOES NOT define me as a person!! That is what I tell people when they ask me about my epilepsy and my surgery and how it has effected my life. I plan to live life to its fullest and I will keep spreading the word about epilepsy awareness! By the way do they have an epilepsy walk out in VA? I do it every year my team's name is Staci's Wishful Walkers

Thank You,
Staci Fulton

P.S. You are an inspiration to all of us living and fighting daily with epilepsy!
Not Another Moment Should be Lost to Seizures!!


1 comment:

  1. Mrs Fulton is truly a " Leader for Epilepsy." After sending her a copy of my book, I realized I had "misplaced her check". I called to inform her of this so that she would know. She then sent me a "Money Order" after I said, "It was my fault." I later found the check and "voided it" to send it back to her. She truly wants to see the "lack of knowledge" of epilepsy eliminated. This showed me "Great Support"!

    Lowell G.Evans
    Author of: "The Village"

    ReplyDelete